Friday, January 21, 2011

Faith's Lodge

First a few precious memories:


Faith's Lodge














As we were driving home from work on Thursday night, Dan mentioned this amazing place and opportunity called Faith's Lodge. This Lodge is located on 80 picturesque acres in the North Woods of Wisconsin. Faith's Lodge calls itself "A Place Where Hope Grows". And Hope is something that Dan and I are trying to get as much of as we possibly can. The Lodge provides a place where parents and families facing the serious illness or death of a child can retreat to reflect on the past, renew the strength for the present, and build hope for the future. It provides a peaceful escape for families to refresh their minds and spirits while spending time with others who understand what they are experiencing. A guest can stay from one to five nights and they have very specific guidelines such as Application process and a referral from a healthcare provider, clergy member or approved support organization. They also have specific weeks dedicated for Infant Loss. We do want to wait until this spring or summer though. While it would be over a 7 hour drive for us, the cost is only $25 a night per family for first time guests! Isn't that amazing!! This $25 also includes programming such as professionally led-discussion groups, therapeutic arts and crafts and north woods adventures. Mark and Susan Lacek are the owner's of Faith's Lodge. Faith was their beautiful baby daughter who was sadly taken away from them two weeks prior to Susan's due date because of an umbilical cord accident. They had been told of an old proverb that says a person can actually die two deaths. The first one happens when your physical body dies; the second occurs when people stop mentioning your name. They felt strongly that they would not let this happen to their Faith and that her brief time on this earth should have a legacy. This just makes the hair stand up on my arms and gives me goose bumps!!! I've been searching for a way to share Mara with other's as well. I've decided to start making bracelets. My sister Kim gave me one shortly after Mara's birth. It has charms with Olivia and Mara's name/birthdate as well as an angel from my dear friend Heather. This beautiful gift is a positive daily reminder of the love I have for my daughters. I want to make and give my bracelets in honor of Mara to those suffering a loss or going through a difficult challenge of their own. If anyone knows of anyone who may like one, please let me know. I'm certainly not an expert yet, but I will be taking a class on jewelry making and I have the greatest motivation of all.....Love.







2 comments:

Christina said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! This entire post is just so beautiful. The pictures of sweet Mara in the arms of her family are so beautiful. Faith's Lodge sounds so amazing. Looking at the pictures makes me feel so much peace. It looks like a place that would truly allow you to relax and recharge and just be together. I love that Faith's parents created such a wonderful place in her honor. And even more beautiful is that you are creating and giving back in Mara's honor. I think it is truly such a tribute to her and to who you are as a person. You are so kind and generous. I can't wait to hear how your new venture is going. These bracelets are going to be so beautiful!

love,
Christina

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your breefamily.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com