Tuesday, December 14, 2010

First day back at work

This will be a short post, but today was my first day back teaching. I think I even surprised myself that it went pretty smoothly. Children certainly have the ability to keep you "busy" and sometimes that's not neccessarily bad. Since I hadn't been a part of the rehearing for the Holiday Program, I helped the other classrooms prepare for lunch while the children were singing. They came to a song called Thank God for Kids, which has a passage in it that says:
Thank God for kids there's magic for awhile
A special kind of sunshine in a smile
Did you ever stop to think? Or wonder why?
The nearest think to Heaven is a child
Needless to say, this brought tears to my eyes. I went to the bathroom so that I could compose myself. I think it went pretty much unnoticed. Some of the children made me welcome back cards and they brought a smile to my face. I enjoyed all their hugs and the welcome back Mrs. Brees. I teach with such amazing ladies and it was nice to see them again and I look forward to catching up on all the gossip (I am a girl afterall!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are all glad you are back, Mrs. Bree! We missed you at MCC. Hope you are rid of the flu soon!
Love, Wagz

Unknown said...

I think it is safe to say that song has that affect on all of us for a variety of reasons. I know that when I taught there and they did that song and then when I heard it yesterday I spent the song biting the inside of my mouth to keep in the tears:) It's nice to know we are never alone.