Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Catching up :)

I knew it would be difficult to find time and energy to post often, so it's not surprising to me that it's been over 2 weeks since my last entry. I have really made a great effort to not stress out about getting everything done within a certain time frame and focus more on spending time with my family and friends. Christmas was filled with so much joy and yet so much sadness at the same time. We watched as Olivia was enveloped in the magic of the season and then Dan and I would look at each other and know exactly what the other was thinking....that we wish Mara could be here as well. Our life in a fog has yet to lift, but we do get glimpses of sunshine now and then. This week has brought another challenge into our lives, but as we have learned not to pray for specifics, we are praying for the strength and wisdom to weather this worry as well. We know that we are in God's hands and that through him we will overcome.

Here are some photos of our Christmas celebrations:
Trimming the tree
Enjoying some "warm" cocoa after all that work

Olivia loves to help me clean and cook these days

Getting into the spirit at her Christmas performance at Barnes and Noble.


Olivia's first snow Angel :)

Preparing to sprinkle the reindeer food

Olivia appreciated all of daddy's effort, despite the large amount of snow that had fallen.

Twas the night before Christmas

A little last minute posing before going to bed

Can't forget the milk, cookies and carrots!!!

CHRISTMAS MORNING!!! It wasn't as much as it looks....it's just that we couldn't fit much under our tree because it hangs so low.
Snuggles
Dan does a silly pose every year.

Olivia got her V-Reader that she really wanted or "E-Reader" as she calls it.
It was the year of the Princess

SEE---granted, she already had a few of these dolls. She just wanted to introduce them all to each other.

Olivia wanted to wear her new Belle outfit for the day because her Prince Jason was coming over. Jason is my sister's wonderful boyfriend.

Olivia and my SUPER cute niece Quinley, or Baby Q as we call her.

Aunt Jeanie and baby Q
Dan and Jason

Nana and Katie (and yes, Nana really did want a new laundry basket!)
Olivia instructing Jason on how a Prince and Princess get married

Mara's Safe in the Arms of Jesus ornament

Her name and birth date engraved on the back.

























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeanie and Dan,

I was so glad to see Dan the other day, at my work. Although I didn't know what to say, I wanted to lwt you know that I think about you and your family everyday, I say a little prayer, in hopes that it will bring a sunshine to you that day.

Tara

Unknown said...

What a special time you had with your family and what a beautiful ornament to represent your angel!

Christina said...

I love seeing these pictures of your Christmas. Olivia has so much joy! I love the picture of all of her dolls lined up. So cute!